What VisionED uses your information for
We use the personal information that you give to us to:
- provide our learning services to you
- provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services
- inform you of any issues with any courses, events or activities which will impact upon you (e.g. change of venues, new resources)
- inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products that you have purchased from us
- provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you
- administer our site and for internal operations, including improvements, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure that content is clearly presented to you and in the most effective manner for you and for your computer / tablet / device
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Who we receive your information from
We receive your personal information from you and your employers – nobody else. When a school / organisation books a place for you upon a course, activity or event, they will provide specified data which we require to process your learning and organise our services for you.
The types of personal information we use
The types of information we use may include:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided by you. For example, when you register for information, register for a course, CPD, event or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Health information, particularly, may be relevant in determining the type of service we can provide to you. The nature of some of our courses are highly physical and providing us with appropriate information on your physical health helps to keep you safe and ensure we are aware. The law includes safeguards to protect the use of your special category data and any information concerning criminal convictions.
For ordinary personal information (that is, all your information which is not, special category data), we have legal grounds to process this information where it is necessary:
- to fulfil our contract to you where it exists
- when it is our legal duty or
- when you consent to it.
For special category data or convictions, we have legal grounds to process this information where
- we have obtained explicit consent to do so
- it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, for example to provide a safe service for schools.
Who we share your information with
We will only share your personal information with another party
- if we sell all or part of our business to the buyer
- where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- to keep you safe, such as passing on dietary requirements to caterers where we provide catering as part of our service
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive.
- assist us in improving our website
- gather information about your general internet use.
Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer.
Where we store your information
When you make a booking or buy a product or service from us via our website, we will store your information in the systems that we use to process those bookings and provide services and in our customer relationship management system. You can update this information by emailing en*******@vi******.uk
When you sign up to receive marketing communications from us your email address or postal address and preferences are stored in our website database and the email system that we use to send email communications. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email or by emailing en*******@vi******.uk
How we ensure the security of your information
All information is stored on secure servers and temporary hard copies are kept securely until digitised and then destroyed.
Please note: sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us by email and sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Links to third party websites
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this privacy notice via email at en*******@vi******.uk
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates or when we are required to do by law. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
This notice was last updated in June 2018.
VisionED Ltd. is a registered company in England.
VisionED is a fully accredited centre with Gateway Qualifications. Centre No: 60984