This specialist primary phase course is aimed specifically at supporting any teacher or support staff who will be working alongside a fully qualified swimming instructor. It is aimed at increasing knowledge and skills to be able to support the learning poolside and make a more effective impact on progress.
This course also includes and aligns with all the new (January 2019) guidance produced by Swim England and The Swim Group for Curricular Swimming and Water Safety.
Recognising the requirements of the new doubled PE Premium funding and the limited focus on PE during Initial Teacher Training (ITT); the course will cover teaching approaches and practical application of knowledge.
NEW! January 2019
Learners will be able to:
- be effective and contribute to safe lessons,
- increase pupil engagement & participation
- integrate wider learning
- demonstrate an understanding of what pupils should know, understand and be able to do in swimming,
- demonstrate how to achieve effective strokes, including breathing
- organise, manage and lead small groups of pupils under the direction of the qualified swimming instructor
- assess pupil progress and plan ‘next steps’ with swimming instructor
Designed to improve outcomes for pupils and levels of competence and confidence in staff this course is ideally placed to help schools meet the requirements of the new increased funding. It also builds resilience and capacity within the school staff making sustainability of developments more likely – a key demand of the conditions of grant for PE Premium funding.
This course, like many of our CPD events can be booked as a cluster, MAT or Federation to best meet YOUR needs. Contact us to discuss.
Next Scheduled training event:
- 21 January 2019
- Mile Cross Primary School, Norwich
- £175 per delegate
- 09:30 – 16:00