Building upon the significant success of the Cafés for All™ programme we are delighted to be working in partnership with Cafés for ALL™ to bring you PE Cafés!
PE Cafés will help schools engage with parents, carers and families as well as the local community through sport, PE, physical activity, health, fitness and a kinaesthetic approach to learning across the curriculum. They are far more than just a PE Café.
PE Cafés recognise that engaging with parents to support learning can be a challenge and that physical education can have bad memories for some parents. Through an informal, sociable and flexible approach PE Cafés can help teachers to foster a greater understanding of the role of PE, sport, health and physical activity empowering their pupils to engage parents with their learning, promoting cohesive learning communities.
Listen to what delegates have said. A selection of feedback comments from our CPD day 25th March 2019
- ‘Fun, lots of opportunities to talk & share ideas with people’
- ‘Can really engage with our parents & build upon Reading Café!’
- ‘Really useful activities & resources! Loved the food & chance to see and use new resources’
- ‘An excellent intro to PE Cafés!
On our recent PE Café Course (20/03/2019) 100% of the delegates were ‘very satisfied’ with:
- Quality of Tutor
- Course met needs
- Activities relevant & accessible
- Will impact upon school
- Will impact upon teaching
- Tutor knew subject thoroughly
- Food, Fun & Enjoyment were mentioned in all the evaluation comments!
For Schools which have already completed the Leading Cafés for All™ training and started running cafés you can now book onto the:
PE Cafés Training Day
- 4 October 2019 (09:30 – 15:30) Norwich based
- Cost: £150 per delegate
PE Cafés aim to….
- Improve pupil outcomes in achievement, attainment, health, physical & mental well-being
- Engage parents and families in and with learning through Sport, PE, physical activity, health, fitness and kinaesthetic learning
- Enable parents, families and the wider community to share their knowledge, skills, interests
- Empower children and young people to lead on providing positive, enriching learning experiences for their peers, families and community