This course is aimed specifically at school staff who are fulfilling the vital role of PE subject leader. It provides a national qualification at the same time as supporting you to develop high quality PE in your school. A perfect use of the PE & Sport Premium funding, evidencing impact.
‘Every primary school should have a knowledgeable, passionate advocate for the role of high quality PE, sport and physical activity; driving it, leading it across the school, placing PE at the heart of the school – positively impacting whole school improvement’
It gives you all the tools by which to help drive systemic change in your school, create a common shared rationale for the importance of PE and physical activity in your school (supporting ‘Active Learning’) and provides the leadership to help you aspire to achieving the Association for PE’s Quality Mark Award for your school. The portfolio of evidence approach ensures that you have a very detailed understanding of your school’s standards, pupil achievement, progress and attainment.
IMPORTANT – This course can also be accessed on a 1:1 basis where we come to YOU and deliver the full national qualification to YOU in YOUR school! Therefore do not worry if it is not available as a course in your area – get in touch about accessing our 1:1 version anywhere in the country! Click HERE for details
- Able to plan an engaging & compelling curriculum for ALL learners
- Able to monitor standards of teaching, pupil engagement, participation and progress
- Provide detailed reports (e.g. PE Premium / Governors)
- Able to support colleagues to raise standards
- Able to drive a strong ethos of high quality PE
- Able to audit resources – both physical and human
- Have in place up to date risk assessments, policies and procedures
- Able to ensure PE makes a significant contribution to whole school improvement & impact of PE & sport premium
- Lead developments and initiatives to extend, enhance, enable and engage targeted groups
- Monitor equity and ensure inclusive practice
Your well-being is important to us and so we use comfortable, tranquil learning venues. Delegates will also have the potential to take an early morning plunge in the venue’s pool before settling down to work – or if preferred, swim afterwards.
Qualification Level: Certificate at Level 4
Qualification No. 601/2745/4
Venue: Broom Hall Country Hotel, Saham Toney, Watton, Norfolk. IP25 7EX
Dates: 2/07/2019 | 27/09/2019 | 27/11/2019.
- SubjectLeadership(RQF)2019 Downloadable flier
“It’s getting me to think about PE and the school in the bigger picture”
Karen Partridge (Norfolk Primary) 2018 Cohort
“Well organised and presented. All the tasks and info are highly relevant to the role of PE leader and have real practical application. Martin is very knowledgeable, helpful and approachable”
Michael Woodhams (Norfolk Primary) 2018 Cohort
“It gives any PE leader more confidence to really lead PE’
Ashley Carver (Suffolk Primary) 2018 Cohort
“Beneficial to ALL involved in PE Leadership!”
Ollie Winram (Suffolk Primary) 2018 Cohort